Safe at Hopkins
The Johns Hopkins Institutions are dedicated to protecting the safety and security of its faculty, staff, employees, students, patients, and visitors.
- Recognize When Something is Not Right All members of the Johns Hopkins community are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe academic environment and workplace.
- Prevent Further Incidents Awareness means understanding that behaviors left unchecked can escalate into violence.
- Respond to an Incident If you are concerned about behaviors that might escalate into violence, talk with your supervisor, manager, or academic advisor or chair.
- Refer Others to Resources Members of the Johns Hopkins community are urged to report all observed or experienced acts of violence to an appropriate campus authority in a timely manner.
- Communicate with Your Team If you or someone you know has difficulty with angry outbursts or violent behaviors, there are skills you can develop to help you respond appropriately.